Check Engine Light Diagnostics and Repair in San Jose
Alvin’s Auto Center in San Jose offers broad range of auto repair services including check engine light repair. There are literally hundreds of reasons why your vehicle’s computer may turn on the Check Engine Light. Our technicians use state-of-the-art digital diagnostic tools to get to the root cause of the check engine light and to repair your vehicle.
Check engine light diagnostics requires high skill, as there are often multiple systems and sub-systems that are potentially responsible for the problem. While some causes of check engine light are easily diagnosed, like a worn gas cap, majority require skill, precision and sophisticated equipment. Our technicians use professional diagnostic tools to diagnose your vehicle.
Some of the common reasons for the Check Engine Light coming on:
- Worn out gas cap – over time gas caps lose ability to form a tight seal – this will cause check engine light to illuminate.
- Mass Airflow Sensor failure is also a frequent culprit when it comes to the Check Engine Light coming on.
- Spark plugs – spark plugs require timely replacement, otherwise they can result in engine misfire and check engine light coming on.
- Catalytic Converter failure – this is one of the most expensive causes of the check engine light - due to California’s stringent air quality standards and rules dealing with catalytic converter replacement, this is typically a very expensive repair
When the Check Engine Light turns “on”…
In most cases, if the check engine light is “on” and not flashing, you have ample time to get your vehicle to Alvin’s Auto Center in San Jose for check engine light diagnosis and repairs. The exception is when the engine is running rough after check engine light illuminates – you should take your car to the nearest professional auto repair shop.
If the check engine light is flashing on-and-off, pull over to the side of the road as soon as it is safe to do so and turn off the engine. Get your vehicle towed to Alvin’s Auto Center. Driving with the check engine light flashing can result in very expensive repairs.
When you do bring your car to our Willow Glen auto repair shop in San Jose, we will professionally diagnose the causes of the check engine light and let you know what repairs are necessary. For any repairs you authorize, we offer:
- 2 years / 24,000 miles warranty
- Highly skilled professionals working on your car
- Same day service completion (in most cases)
- Original Equipment or better quality parts
- Free digital vehicle inspection with service or repairs
So if your vehicle’s computer illuminated the check engine light, give us a call. We will professionally inspect and repair your vehicle. You will also receive an electronic copy of the digital vehicle inspection so you know the overall condition of your vehicle.
We offer online appointments, but in the case of a check engine light we recommend that you call us directly at the shop.